Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Road Less Traveled


Fresh ginger. Posted by Picasa
"The older the ginger, the more it bites." ~ Chinese Proverb
The theme for Tuesday Challenge photo meme is "ginger". So far I see the tail of a ginger cat and eight fine pictures of "ginger" (red-headed) adults and children and one; well it's something abstract. They are lovely pictures. With my family heritage of, well.... Scotch, English, German and probably a little Irish thrown in, I do have pictures of our many "ginger haired" members; even those whose abundance of white have rendered them more of a rusty pink color. Most would see our family tree as a "Heinz, 57 varieties", but I can't abide John Kerry or his wife so I've decided to consider this a "kaleidoscope" pedigree instead. Now I have wandered completely off the path..... but, just hang in there with me on this one.

So, in the spirit of Robert Frost's The Road Not Taken, I decided to go a completely different direction and post my one and only picture of "fresh ginger". I love the smell of ginger; Vernor's ginger ale is my all time favorite soft drink. I love the flavor it gives to my chicken marinade and gingerbread cookies at Christmas. And it just happens to be an ingredient in my brother's Pumpkin Bisque. So, here it is. Not the most artistic picture, more of an illustration really. But.....
" two roads diverged in a wood, and I ~
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
(end of post)

No comments: