Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Misunderstood


Plastic cups. (Click picture for larger view) Posted by Picasa
Don't assume you're always going to be understood. I wrote in a column that one should put a cup of liquid in the cavity of a turkey when roasting it. Someone wrote me that 'the turkey tasted great, but the plastic cup melted.' ~ Heloise
I remember the first time I tried to cook a turkey; forgot to take the giblets out of the inside, out of that little paper bag. When it came time to make the gravy, someone asked me where the giblets were. "Giblets? I don't think any came with it." Then they told me where they would be and all I could think of to say was "Oh!" I can truly say that my cooking over the years has been mostly "culinary misadventures". Really, it takes reverse talent to burn three batches of macaroni and cheese in one evening! My brother is the one who inherited the gourmet genes. I can say, however, that I have never put a "plastic" cup of liquid inside a turkey, at least not while it was still in the cup. Obviously, someone has.

Submission for LensDay topic "plastic". (end of post)

No comments: