Saturday, December 09, 2006

A Thimbleful Of Red

PSHunt



A thimbleful of red.
(Click picture for larger view)
Posted by Picasa
"A thimbleful of red is redder than a bucketful." ~ Henri Matisse
Christmas will be filled with just a little less laughter this year, especially around the dinner table. No one will fall out of their chair from hysterical chuckling or have to make a quick, unplanned trip to the ladies room. Why? My brother won't be with us this year. He leaves Tokyo tomorrow on his way back to Vienna and then on to Munich, Germany where he will be playing Erik in the opera, Der fliegende Holländer (The Flying Dutchman). He'll be in Munich over Christmas.

He was here for a few days in November and we had his Christmas then. We will have the rest in April, just not with the tree and decorations. He needed a new watch so I took him to his choice of stores and let him pick what he wanted. While there I saw these Christmas trees made with red ornaments, different sizes, some shiny and some with a matte finish. They beckoned to me.... "take my picture". So I did. I thought the black and white with just a touch of red was nice. The full color version is below.


Full color red.......


The theme for Saturday Photo Scavenger Hunt this week is "red". You can go here to "Grab the Scavenger Hunt code" and here to join the blogroll. The link to other participants is in my blogroll on the sidebar.

(end of post)

No comments: