Sunday, September 18, 2005

Mature Love


Lorane & Loren, married 54 years and counting. Posted by Picasa
"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable." ~ Bruce Lee
This year my parents celebrated their 54th wedding anniversary. They were from opposite ways of life but with the same values of family, faith and hard work. Their love grew out of friendship and has lasted and grown stronger through years of joy mixed with sorrow; always together.
I'd Marry You Again
With tiny tears that glistened, my eyes were fixed on you,
And thinking of the life we'd share, we softly said "I do."
Our hearts were knit together from the time that we first met,
And memories were gathered, that we never will forget.
While daily living life with you, you saw the real me,
And still you chose acceptance, a lifelong mystery.
With many happy days gone by, and others when we cried,
some days we'd share so endlessly, while other days we'd hide.
With all the ups and downs we've had, in learning to be friends,
I know that in this heart of mine, I'd marry you again.
by Anne Peterson
Submission for Moody Monday topic "mature". (end of post)

No comments: