Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Forsythia


Forsythia. (Macro) (Click pictures for larger view) Posted by Picasa
Forsythia is pure joy. There is not an ounce, not a glimmer of sadness or even knowledge in forsythia. Pure, undiluted, untouched joy. ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh
The forsythia are in bloom here; in yards and growing wild in wooded lots and along the banks of the highway. The bright sunny yellows, an accent to the bright clumps of daffodils and the pink and purple hyacinth, brightens a cloudy day and competes with the sun when the skies are clear. No tulips or iris yet but the crocus have all but spent themselves.

Mom bought four o'clock bulbs and now we are in the process of cleaning out and tilling up the back flowerbeds to plant them. My daylily seem to be doing well and I think the wildflower seeds are starting to germinate. And I saved seeds from our large Fairy Tale pumpkin last fall; as soon as I figure out when and how to plant them I will find a corner and who knows. Maybe one will grow, oval and ridged and large enough to turn into Cinderella's coach. Ah, yes, some day my prince will come! Then I will need one of those pumpkins.


Forsythia growing wild in the woods.

(end of post)

No comments: