Wednesday, March 08, 2006

On A Cold Evening


Exhaust smoke Posted by Picasa
"It takes very little fire to make a great deal of smoke nowadays, and notoriety is not real glory." ~ Louisa May Alcott
It has taken me several days to find an example of "smoke". Now, you wouldn't think it difficult, would you? I don't smoke and I don't really know enough people here to have met anyone that does. I've looked for smoke from the house chimneys, but no one burns wood very often around here. We don't currently have a fireplace. I've checked out the skyline as we drive to and from different places around town and no smoke from businesses. Finally, Monday it was cold and raining and on my way back from the airport the van in front spewed little puffs of white smoke from the muffler. Success at last!

Submission for PXITE topic "smoke". (end of post)

No comments: