Monday, March 06, 2006

When We Don't Understand


One footprint in the sand. Posted by Picasa
Footprints in the Sand
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints.
Other times there were one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life
When I was suffering from anguish, sorrow, or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
So I said to the Lord, "You promised me, Lord,
That if I followed you, you would walk with me always.
But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
There have only been one set of prints in the sand.
Why, When I have needed you most, you have not been there for me?"
The Lord replied,
"The times when you have seen only one set of footprints
Is when I carried you."

By Mary Stevenson
One of our blog friends, Vicki, is in the midst of one of these dark times of life. Her mother, Jan, is critically ill and the prognosis does not appear good at this point. Vicki's mom and her stepdad have built a wonderful love story together affectionately known as the "Bud and Jan Show," and we have come to know of their warmth and concern for each other through Vicki's writing. They need your thoughts and prayers as do Vicki and her whole family during this time. So, please drop by Vicki's place and leave her a warm thought and keep them close in your prayers.

(end of post)

No comments: