Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Update on Max: Without Basketball


Max in profile, sans basketball. (Click picture for larger view) Posted by Picasa
"Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that is how dogs spend their lives." ~ Sue Murphy
I thought it was time for an update on Max. He had his first chemo two weeks ago yesterday. He has had prednisone since, now on an every other day basis. He seems to have had no ill effects from the chemo unless you can count the fact that he has now been completely spoiled rotten. (Continued..)

I noticed that his skin nodules on his head and under his chin were smaller in about three days. Then by the end of the first week, they were gone. He had a large red skin nodule on his abdomen that had lost hair and was raised. I worried about this one ulcerating or bleeding, but when I checked, it seems to be gone as well. I can't feel anything. He goes back for a second pill next Monday, I believe. I have to see if it is alright for him to be sedated for grooming and get his vaccinations while on the chemo. He is getting shaggy.

All in all, he's happy, not bothered as much by the itching he had with the nodules and loves the extra snacks and getting to sleep with the cats. I bet he has gained a few pounds in the last three weeks. So, I'm happy he's doing so well. I know it will probably not last forever, but then what does?

As I was trying to pick out a picture for this post, I went through almost 90 that were taken just this year so far. All but two have his basketball in them. It's hard to get a picture of the Maxster without it. This was one of the two.

What about this quote? One word, FASFA. I don't know if I'm coming or going or what is going on. I forgot about FASFA. I hate deadlines. They want my tax return and that hasn't been done yet. I don't like this part of my life! And Vicki and AC did theirs already, days ago. They ask for the father's tax information... yeah, right! So why does FASFA have to be in a month before tax day. So, the deadline is today, the "ides of March" (there is something sinister about this), so you know what I'll be doing. YECK!!!!!

We'll send this update to Max's friends at the Carnival of the Dogs hosted by Mickey's Musings. His dog buddies and their people have been so supportive. (end of post)

No comments: