Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Beach Balls


Beach ball sculptures on the boardwalk in Virginia Beach
(Click picture for larger view)
Posted by Picasa
"People who complain about the way the ball bounces are usually the ones who dropped it" ~ Anonymous
A dreary rainy day in early June, the boardwalk not yet crammed with hordes of visitors; the weather keeping them in the arcades and other indoor attractions. Only a few diehard surfers were seen trying to catch a wave; most were unsuccessful as the surfing is not great here, unless a hurricane lurks off shore. Not so on this day, just wet and cool. Nyssa and I drove around the beach area learning the sites, the restaurants, the strange fun houses; nothing special just a little time together with my girl. I love the "nothing special" times with her; they are priceless to me.

Submission for Photo Tuesday topic "balls". (end of post)

1 comment:

Scotty Bob said...

Just love your photos of the beach balls on Virginia beach. I have a photo of my sweetheart taken on these about 20 years ago and wondered if they were still there. We must get back for a visit...had an awesome time back then.