Saturday, October 15, 2005

Through The Looking Glass


Fenton glass figurine as seen through transparent lens. Macro.
(Click picture for larger view)
Posted by Picasa
"Among the many thousands of things that I have never been able to understand, one in particular stands out. That is the question of who was the first person who stood by a pile of sand and said, "You know, I bet if we took some of this and mixed it with a little potash and heated it, we could make a material that would be solid and yet transparent. We could call it glass." Call me obtuse, but you could stand me on a beach till the end of time and never would it occur to me to try to make it into windows." ~ Bill Bryson (American Writer, b.1946)
I wore contacts for years and finally broke one. After that I could never get used to the replacements. Therefore back to the spectacles, no line bifocals.

Submission for Macroday topic "transparent". (end of post)

No comments: