Saturday, January 21, 2006

The Sloth


Clover: "Why are you bothering me now? Ah yes, more little cameras. Go away!"
(Click pictures for larger view)
Posted by Picasa
"Ask for no guarantees, ask for no security, there never was such an animal. And if there were, it would be related to the great sloth which hangs upside down in a tree all day every day, sleeping its life away." ~ Ray Bradbury
Clover can sleep anywhere. Sometimes she likes this cube bed, although Scarlett keeps it for herself at night. I don't know how it got on the floor of the sunroom, perhaps an altercation on top of the hot tub knocked it off. But here it is upside down with a cat in there, and not a very happy one I might add. Nyssa would just say she is being her totally snarly self, mad at the whole world.

But let me let Clover tell you in her own words.......

Clover: "...mumble, mumble....snarl....mumble....snarl. I am just trying to get a little nap here! If I sleep on the bed I have to share the space with Chloe, same thing with the bean bag up there. This thing was on the floor, no one was in it and it is too small to share so I thought just maybe everyone will leave me alone. No such luck! If it isn't that fuzzy thing Willow or nosy Rhett it's you! I am going to ignore you. You are not here. You will go away. You are getting sleepy, s-l-e-e-p-y. Your eyelids are h-e-a-v-y. No, I guess those are mine. Ignore her, yes, there's the ticket. Zzzzzzzzzz."

Well, there you have it. She's out again. I was just trying to see if she would feel better in the cube right side up, but perhaps it would just be better to let the sloth sleep.

Rhett over at No Deep Thoughts was trying to figure out how Clover did it, so this is for him. I'd better let her picture go to the Carnival of the Cats hosted by Meryl Yourish this week, or Clover will be nipping at my toes again.

(end of post)

No comments: