Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Tree Art


"The man in this tree sticks his tongue out at me..."
(Click picture for larger view)
Posted by Picasa
"Art arises when the secret vision of the artist and the manifestation of nature agree to find new shapes."
~ Kahlil Gibran
Tree art is popping up everywhere, although this was the first example I've seen up close. At first, the face brings to mind those Disney classics such as Snow White and others with the deep dark woods filled with danger and evil. The leafless trees with branches like spindly arms outstretched over head sway with the dark wind that inevitably blows in and then the trees come alive ready to grab the unsuspecting princess! OOOOOH! You wouldn't have seen me step foot into a dense dark forest, for that reason alone. But this tree looks harmless. It really had no branches, all new growth was at the very top, short green limbs protruding from the flattened stump of a trunk, a mass of green leafy hair. He was kinda cute in a "reject of the '70's" way.

So, I strolled through this garden on the shores of the bay and snapped pictures of beautiful flowers, quiet waters, good friends talking and eating and enjoying the day. As I did I couldn't help hearing this little ditty in my head:
"There's a man in this tree, sticks his tongue out at me......."

Submission for Tuesdays Photos topic "kind of art". (end of post)

No comments: